2012 Health Goals Recap
- Keep cooking lots and lots of home cooked healthy meals.
Success! I did a lot of meal planning during the year and 90% of the meals during the week were healthy home cooked meals!
- Plan our meals in advance so that I can continue to save money at the supermarket and reduce food waste at our home.
I did really well with this until the last quarter of the year. Wedding planning and end of the year craziness got in the way. While I still cooked at home I just bought basics and cooked very simply instead of finding new recipes :(
- Aim for 30 minutes of planned or incidental exercise every day to increase my fitness.
I actually over-achieved this health goal and I workout for between 1 & 1.5 hours a day following a P90X/Insanity Hybrid Workout Plan. Woohoo!
- Perform my resistance band workouts at least 3 times a week.
I didn't end up using my resistance bands very much. I much prefer to use free weights, my own body weight or my pull up bar (chair assisted... for now....)
- I would like to increase my knowledge and experience in photography. I love photos so much and after Christmas (and a little teensy bit of indulgent shopping) I have all the tools to achieve this goal.
I have learnt so much about photography in the last year. I absolutely love my Nikon D90 and my 50mm f1.8 lens. I still feel like there is so much to learn though!
- Learn French! This goal is just something that I have wanted to do for a few years now. I am on the waiting list for our local French night classes so fingers crossed a spot becomes available this year.
Complete fail - I made it through the waiting list and chickened out. I enjoy my rare spare time too much.
- Find enjoyment and fulfillment in my job and if I can't... find a new job!
I still don't absolutely love my job but since a negative work colleague left about 11 months ago it has definitely improved and there is also talk of a promotion... keep your fingers crossed for me :S
- Get my procrastination in check and start planning what
I want to dowe want to do for our wedding.
MY GOSH. I am definitely not a lover of wedding planning. However my to-do list 13 things left to do and two months left to go!
- Work with the boy in achieve our financial goals for the year - we are sitting tight this year and saving our pennies like madmen!
The boy has built this ridiculously HUGE shed in our backyard. We also have been saving for wedding/honeymoon etc so we have saved well but big expenses also means it is spend quite quickly too...
- Find fun and creative ways to continue to decorate our home.
Failed this one... I don't think any decor changes has happened at all in the last year.
- Lastly, to develop my blog to include interesting/useful/fun posts!
My progress on this lovely little blog of mine is completely dependent on how busy work and life has been. I really enjoyed blogging in 2012 and here are a select few of my favourite posts over the last twelve months...
- Our Engagement Photoshoot (my absolute favourite)